Friday, November 19, 2010

Today's been such a good day!

I actually feel somewhat successful in my endeavors. I'm up for any challenge thrown at me.

After talking to someone about working hard and what we have in our lives, I realized that I always did work for something in my life. My mom gave me all the space to grow and make mistakes. I've given up on a few things, but all in all, I made an effort in everything I attempted. I didn't get my position for FBLA until senior year. I learned to make sacrifices and gave up ECGA for FBLA. I spent hours on those RRSes. I actually tried in track in junior year. It's all these little things that show that I am capable of working hard. I don't need a grade to tell me I try hard because at the end of the day, everything that I have is through years of effort. The friendships and family ties I've kept are the ones who consistently motivate me to run after something even better. I've spent countless hours on my collection of music. If it's something I realized, it's that I'm not a failure. I'm not the greatest person ever, but I know I'm not hopeless; I can change.

Definitely, these past two weeks I've been trying harder in everything I do. I'm glad my efforts are seeing through.

I'm excited to see how I've changed once freshmen year is over. Though I'm scared what's going to happen after college, I'll be okay. It's something about confident about.

I'm not sure if anybody knows, but music has played such a big part in my life. I've been getting back into it ten times more because I love discovering new artists. Finding a new album is like finding a small part of the treasure. I can hardly contain my happiness, but and want to share it with the whole world, but the same time, I want to keep it to myself because I don't want anybody to find out about the treasure chest.

Thank you Magnetic Fields, Baths, and Yann Tiersen for keeping me company in the library. Thank you Evelyn for all those late night talks; your logic and rationality is the key to keeping me sane. Thank you hallmates for always making everything more fun. Thank you for the little things; I know you aren't aware of anything, but you're very sweet in your own way.

Also, March 5th will be the day I will see Baths live!

No comments:

Post a Comment