Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I can't wrap my mind around the idea that in less than four years I'll be a fully grown adult. I'm going to have responsibilities like paying the bills, remembering to buy groceries, getting up by myself to go to work. Though I dread these aspects of growing up, I've been envisioning the specific moment of picking out my furniture for my apartment since the fourth grade. I've always had this image of the ideal bedroom in my mind. It's a white dominated room slightly contrasted with pale pink pastel sheets and a small circular table with a vase of flowers. In the afternoon at 1PM, the sunlight will seep through the sheer cream colored curtains and I'll be reading a novel while drinking iced strawberry lemonade or black coffee saturated with cream and sugar. Every time I remember this, the flowers change. Whether they're daisies or peonies overlooking a hourglass shaped vase, my desire to achieve my pubescent dream has never changed.

P.S Naps will be the death of me. How will I survive five 8AMs this quarter? On the bright side, I might only have eight units during the summer. I'll probably have either a four or three day weekend, how blessed I am! That means I have time to volunteer at the lab, hospital, and maybe even get a job. I'm also going to apply to other research labs; I'm hoping I'll get one that's more geared towards my major.

No comments:

Post a Comment